Has your company explored starting a podcast? Now’s the perfect time to start leveraging your company’s passions and sharing them with the large market of hungry podcasters yearning for fresh content, especially in niche areas of interest.
Still not sure why you should start a podcast? There are four main benefits:
- Reach your target audience and connect with them on your shared intrinsic passions.
- Take advantage of the podcast aggregators already in market — like iTunes, Spotify and SoundCloud to leverage their existing audiences and reach thousands of potential listeners that could eventually convert into informed customers and brand ambassadors.
- It’s not going to break the bank! Aside from the initial upfront costs for audio and software, podcasts are relatively inexpensive to produce and maintain.
- Stay ahead of the competition. There are more than 70 million people actively looking for engaging podcasts to listen to. Make sure yours is the first to market with unique content to capture those eager to learn more!
Now that you’re on board, let’s dive in and see how to leverage your content for success.
1. Share your content in a timely, relevant and concise fashion. Fluctuate the length based on the depth of your content, instead of trying to fill a certain amount of time.
2. Take your company’s voice and run with it! Be confident and own the market by providing current news, controversies, trends and events relevant to your business — establishing your company as the go-to source in your industry.
3. Invite guests! Not only does this help increase exposure to new audiences, it also raises your authority and credibility, all while giving your audience a new voice to hear from.
4. Pay close attention to keywords. Make sure the keywords used to tag the podcast cover those that your fans would use to search for your business, product lines and services.
5. When reporting, don’t stop at downloads. Use services that measure listenership and demographics to pull together a full picture of how your podcast is influencing customer behaviors and sales.
Red House is here to leverage our experience to support your team and get your podcast running, through every step of the process.
Read the source article here.